Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
  • Search
  • Get Qt
  • Unsolved
Collapse
Brand Logo
  1. Home
  2. Special Interest Groups
  3. C++ Gurus
  4. Add VTK library to Qt project
Qt 6.12 LTS is out! See what's new in the release blog

Add VTK library to Qt project

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Solved C++ Gurus
vtk
42 Posts 3 Posters 41.3k Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • SGaistS SGaist

    Do you have the same issue in Debug mode ?

    Please_Help_me_DP Offline
    Please_Help_me_DP Offline
    Please_Help_me_D
    wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @SGaist yes, the behavior is the same in release and debug mode

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • SGaistS Offline
      SGaistS Offline
      SGaist
      Lifetime Qt Champion
      wrote on last edited by
      #14

      In that case, run your application using the debugger. It will allow you to gather more information on what is going on.

      Interested in AI ? www.idiap.ch
      Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

      Please_Help_me_DP 1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • SGaistS SGaist

        In that case, run your application using the debugger. It will allow you to gather more information on what is going on.

        Please_Help_me_DP Offline
        Please_Help_me_DP Offline
        Please_Help_me_D
        wrote on last edited by
        #15

        @SGaist I can't put a "break point" beacause in this case I get the error: "cdb stopped".
        If I just run app in debug mode I get the application output:

        04:05:17: C: \ Users \ Tasik \ Documents \ Qt_prj \ build-VTK-Desktop_Qt_5_12_5_MSVC2017_64bit-Debug \ debug \ VTK.exe starts ...
        04:05:17: The program ended unexpectedly.
        04:05:17: The process was completed forcibly.
        04:05:17: C: /Users/Tasik/Documents/Qt_prj/build-VTK-Desktop_Qt_5_12_5_MSVC2017_64bit-Debug/debug/VTK.exe failed.
        

        and compiler output:

        04:05:17: Steps are being carried out for the VTK project ...
        04:05:17: Settings have not changed, the qmake stage is skipped.
        04:05:17: It starts: "C: \ Qt \ Tools \ qtcreator-4.10.2 \ bin \ jom.exe"
        C: \ Qt \ Tools \ qtcreator-4.10.2 \ bin \ jom.exe -f Makefile.Debug
        04:05:17: The process "C: \ Qt \ Tools \ qtcreator-4.10.2 \ bin \ jom.exe" completed successfully.
        04:05:17: Elapsed time: 00:00.
        
        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • SGaistS Offline
          SGaistS Offline
          SGaist
          Lifetime Qt Champion
          wrote on last edited by
          #16

          How did you install the debugger ?

          Interested in AI ? www.idiap.ch
          Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

          Please_Help_me_DP 1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • SGaistS SGaist

            How did you install the debugger ?

            Please_Help_me_DP Offline
            Please_Help_me_DP Offline
            Please_Help_me_D
            wrote on last edited by
            #17

            @SGaist I don't know exactly but I think it was installed with Visual Studio 2017. Isn'it?

            jsulmJ 1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • Please_Help_me_DP Please_Help_me_D

              @SGaist I don't know exactly but I think it was installed with Visual Studio 2017. Isn'it?

              jsulmJ Offline
              jsulmJ Offline
              jsulm
              Lifetime Qt Champion
              wrote on last edited by
              #18

              @Please_Help_me_D said in Add VTK library to Qt project:

              Isn'it?

              No, the debugger in Visual Studio can't be used outside of Visual Studio.
              You need to install Debugging Tools for Windows/CDB.
              See https://doc.qt.io/qtcreator/creator-debugger-engines.html

              https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

              Please_Help_me_DP 1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • jsulmJ jsulm

                @Please_Help_me_D said in Add VTK library to Qt project:

                Isn'it?

                No, the debugger in Visual Studio can't be used outside of Visual Studio.
                You need to install Debugging Tools for Windows/CDB.
                See https://doc.qt.io/qtcreator/creator-debugger-engines.html

                Please_Help_me_DP Offline
                Please_Help_me_DP Offline
                Please_Help_me_D
                wrote on last edited by
                #19

                @jsulm thank you
                My debugger is in folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Debuggers\x64\cdb.exe
                Then I don't know how it was installed. It was already installed by the time when I installed Qt. Should I install some new debugger?
                By the way in most application I can set a breakpoint and work with debugger. But in this case it doesn't work.

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • Please_Help_me_DP Offline
                  Please_Help_me_DP Offline
                  Please_Help_me_D
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #20

                  I set up CDB path as it said in link text but still doesn't work.
                  Am I right that if my CDB installed properly then it should run my app and if some problem occurs then an error should appear that more detailed describes my problem?

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • SGaistS Offline
                    SGaistS Offline
                    SGaist
                    Lifetime Qt Champion
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #21

                    Did you check that your debugger is for the right architecture ?

                    Interested in AI ? www.idiap.ch
                    Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

                    Please_Help_me_DP 1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • SGaistS SGaist

                      Did you check that your debugger is for the right architecture ?

                      Please_Help_me_DP Offline
                      Please_Help_me_DP Offline
                      Please_Help_me_D
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #22

                      @SGaist I think so. There are several of them for different compilators and architectures and I think Qt choses the right one for my x64 application
                      Debugger.jpg

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • SGaistS Offline
                        SGaistS Offline
                        SGaist
                        Lifetime Qt Champion
                        wrote on last edited by
                        #23

                        Did you check that it's the correct one that is selected for the kit you are using ?

                        Interested in AI ? www.idiap.ch
                        Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

                        Please_Help_me_DP 2 Replies Last reply
                        0
                        • SGaistS SGaist

                          Did you check that it's the correct one that is selected for the kit you are using ?

                          Please_Help_me_DP Offline
                          Please_Help_me_DP Offline
                          Please_Help_me_D
                          wrote on last edited by
                          #24

                          @SGaist Yes. I just checked itDebugger1.jpg

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • SGaistS SGaist

                            Did you check that it's the correct one that is selected for the kit you are using ?

                            Please_Help_me_DP Offline
                            Please_Help_me_DP Offline
                            Please_Help_me_D
                            wrote on last edited by Please_Help_me_D
                            #25

                            @SGaist @jsulm I think I have found the reason why I used to not get any meaningful errors. From here I turned off the Windows "Fault Tolerant Heap" and now I get the error:

                            cannot open C:\Windows\main.obj.5848.31.jom for write
                            

                            But I dont have any file in that folder with name "main..."

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            0
                            • SGaistS Offline
                              SGaistS Offline
                              SGaist
                              Lifetime Qt Champion
                              wrote on last edited by
                              #26

                              And you should not. There's no reason for the build system to try to write to that folder. You should do a full clean rebuild.

                              Interested in AI ? www.idiap.ch
                              Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

                              Please_Help_me_DP 1 Reply Last reply
                              0
                              • SGaistS SGaist

                                And you should not. There's no reason for the build system to try to write to that folder. You should do a full clean rebuild.

                                Please_Help_me_DP Offline
                                Please_Help_me_DP Offline
                                Please_Help_me_D
                                wrote on last edited by Please_Help_me_D
                                #27

                                @SGaist Thank you, I think the problem was solved.
                                What did I do:
                                After I rebuild the project I got the error:

                                ERROR: In D:\Qt\Downloaded\VTK-8.2.0\Rendering\Core\vtkTextMapper.cxx, line 550
                                vtkOpenGLTextMapper (0000000002D23D40): Could not locate vtkTextRenderer object.
                                

                                Here I saw the solution for that problem. Now to run any VTK example I add:

                                #include <vtkAutoInit.h>
                                VTK_MODULE_INIT(vtkRenderingOpenGL2);
                                VTK_MODULE_INIT(vtkRenderingContextOpenGL2); // this is for 2D graphics [link](http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/Error-no-override-found-for-vtkContextDevice2D-td5741533.html)
                                VTK_MODULE_INIT(vtkInteractionStyle);
                                VTK_MODULE_INIT(vtkRenderingFreeType);
                                

                                But I'm interested why the error say somethink about D:\Qt\Downloaded\VTK-8.2.0\Rendering\Core\vtkTextMapper.cxx? Here I have only unpacked VTK folder and it is installed in C:\apps\MSVC_apps_debug\VTK
                                Why the error refers to the folder where VTK was simply downloaded?

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                0
                                • SGaistS Offline
                                  SGaistS Offline
                                  SGaist
                                  Lifetime Qt Champion
                                  wrote on last edited by
                                  #28

                                  You should take a look at the code where the message is generated. That might give you some clues.

                                  Interested in AI ? www.idiap.ch
                                  Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  1
                                  • Please_Help_me_DP Offline
                                    Please_Help_me_DP Offline
                                    Please_Help_me_D
                                    wrote on last edited by
                                    #29

                                    I have the same problem once again.
                                    After I reinstalled Windows 7 to Windows 10 I can run some simple examples from VTK web-site. But some other examples don't work and I the problem is that I dont get any error message. For example I delete all build folder and run app in debug mode and Qmake compiler output:

                                    03:44:37: The steps for the VTK project are being carried out ...
                                    03:44:37: It starts: "C: \ Qt \ 5.12.6 \ msvc2017_64 \ bin \ qmake.exe" C: \ Users \ tasik \ Documents \ Qt_Projects \ VTK \ VTK.pro -spec win32-msvc "CONFIG + = debug "" CONFIG + = qml_debug "
                                    Info: creating stash file C: \ Users \ tasik \ Documents \ Qt_Projects \ build-VTK-Desktop_Qt_5_12_6_MSVC2017_64_bit-Debug \ .qmake.stash
                                    03:44:39: The process "C: \ Qt \ 5.12.6 \ msvc2017_64 \ bin \ qmake.exe" completed successfully.
                                    03:44:39: It starts: "C: \ Qt \ Tools \ qtcreator-4.11.0 \ bin \ jom.exe" -f C: / Users / tasik / Documents / Qt_Projects / build-VTK-Desktop_Qt_5_12_6_MSVC2017_64_bit-Debug / Makefile qmake_all
                                    
                                    jom 1.1.3 - empower your cores   // THIS IS HIGHLITED WITH RED COLOR
                                    
                                    03:44:39: The process "C: \ Qt \ Tools \ qtcreator-4.11.0 \ bin \ jom.exe" completed successfully.
                                    03:44:39: Elapsed time: 00:02.
                                    

                                    Then I run debug and I get:

                                    03:48:45: The stages for the VTK project are being executed ...
                                    03:48:45: Settings have not changed, the qmake stage is skipped.
                                    03:48:45: It starts: "C: \ Qt \ Tools \ qtcreator-4.11.0 \ bin \ jom.exe"
                                    C: \ Qt \ Tools \ qtcreator-4.11.0 \ bin \ jom.exe -f Makefile.Debug
                                    C: \ Qt \ 5.12.6 \ msvc2017_64 \ bin \ uic.exe .. \ VTK \ mainwindow.ui -o ui_mainwindow.h
                                    cl -c -nologo -Zc: wchar_t -FS -Zc: rvalueCast -Zc: inline -Zc: strictStrings -Zc: throwingNew -Zc: referenceBinding -Zi -MDd -W3 -w34100 -w34189 -w44996 -w44456 -w44457 -w44458 - wd4577 -wd4467 -EHsc /Fddebug\VTK.vc.pdb -DUNICODE -D_UNICODE -DWIN32 -D_ENABLE_EXTENDED_ALIGNED_STORAGE -DWIN64 -DQT_DEPRECATED_WARNINGS -DQT_QML_BW_BID_IBWDIBIDIBDIBDIBDIBIDIBDIBDIBWIB -IC: \ apps \ MSVC_apps_debug \ VTK_820 \ include \ vtk-8.2 -IC: \ Qt \ 5.12.6 \ msvc2017_64 \ include -IC: \ Qt \ 5.12.6 \ msvc2017_64 \ include \ QtWidgets -IC: \ Qt \ 5.12 .6 \ msvc2017_64 \ include \ QtGui -IC: \ Qt \ 5.12.6 \ msvc2017_64 \ include \ QtANGLE -IC: \ Qt \ 5.12.6 \ msvc2017_64 \ include \ QtCore -Idebug -I. -I / include -IC: \ Qt \ 5.12.6 \ msvc2017_64 \ mkspecs \ win32-msvc -Fodebug \ @C: \ Users \ tasik \ AppData \ Local \ Temp \ main.obj.3864.32.jom
                                    cl -BxC: \ Qt \ 5.12.6 \ msvc2017_64 \ bin \ qmake.exe -nologo -Zc: wchar_t -FS -Zc: rvalueCast -Zc: inline -Zc: strictStrings -Zc: throwingNew -Zc: referenceBinding -Zi -MDd -W3 -w34100 -w34189 -w44996 -w44456 -w44457 -w44458 -wd4577 -wd4467 -EC: \ Qt \ 5.12.6 \ msvc2017_64 \ mkspecs \ features \ data \ dummy.cpp 2> NUL> debug \ moc_predefs.h
                                    cl -c -nologo -Zc: wchar_t -FS -Zc: rvalueCast -Zc: inline -Zc: strictStrings -Zc: throwingNew -Zc: referenceBinding -Zi -MDd -W3 -w34100 -w34189 -w44996 -w44456 -w44457 -w44458 - wd4577 -wd4467 -EHsc /Fddebug\VTK.vc.pdb -DUNICODE -D_UNICODE -DWIN32 -D_ENABLE_EXTENDED_ALIGNED_STORAGE -DWIN64 -DQT_DEPRECATED_WARNINGS -DQT_QML_BW_BID_IBWDIBIDIBDIBDIBDIBIDIBDIBDIBWIB -IC: \ apps \ MSVC_apps_debug \ VTK_820 \ include \ vtk-8.2 -IC: \ Qt \ 5.12.6 \ msvc2017_64 \ include -IC: \ Qt \ 5.12.6 \ msvc2017_64 \ include \ QtWidgets -IC: \ Qt \ 5.12 .6 \ msvc2017_64 \ include \ QtGui -IC: \ Qt \ 5.12.6 \ msvc2017_64 \ include \ QtANGLE -IC: \ Qt \ 5.12.6 \ msvc2017_64 \ include \ QtCore -Idebug -I. -I / include -IC: \ Qt \ 5.12.6 \ msvc2017_64 \ mkspecs \ win32-msvc -Fodebug \ @C: \ Users \ tasik \ AppData \ Local \ Temp \ mainwindow.obj.3864.110.jom
                                    main.cpp
                                    mainwindow.cpp
                                    C: \ Qt \ 5.12.6 \ msvc2017_64 \ bin \ moc.exe -DUNICODE -D_UNICODE -DWIN32 -D_ENABLE_EXTENDED_ALIGNED_STORAGE -DWIN64 -DQT_DEPRECATED_WARNINGS -DQT_LIBD_LIBD_LIB_DIBT_LIB_LIB_LIB_LIB_LIBE_LIB_LIB_LIB_DIT_LIB_LIB_DIT_LIB_DIT_LIBE_LINE /tasik/Documents/Qt_Projects/build-VTK-Desktop_Qt_5_12_6_MSVC2017_64_bit-Debug/debug/moc_predefs.h -IC: /Qt/5.12.6/msvc2017_64/mkspecs/win32-msvc -IC_Projects / ICKms / VTs / ICsProcs / ICsProcs / ICs -IC: /apps/MSVC_apps_debug/VTK_820/include/vtk-8.2 -IC: /Qt/5.12.6/msvc2017_64/include -IC: /Qt/5.12.6/msvc2017_64/include/QtWidgets -IC: /Qt/5.12 .6 / msvc2017_64 / include / QtGui -IC: /Qt/5.12.6/msvc2017_64/include/QtANGLE -IC: /Qt/5.12.6/msvc2017_64/include/QtCore -I. -I "C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Microsoft Visual Studio \ 2017 \ Community \ VC \ Tools \ MSVC \ 10/14/25017 \ ATLMFC \ include" -I "C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Microsoft Visual Studio \ 2017 \ Community \ VC \ Tools \ MSVC \ 10.14.25017 \ include "-I" C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Windows Kits \ NETFXSDK \ 4.6.1 \ include \ um "-I" C: \ Program Files ( x86) \ Windows Kits \ 10 \ include \ 10.0.18362.0 \ ucrt "-I" C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Windows Kits \ 10 \ include \ 10.0.18362.0 \ shared "-I" C: \ Program Files ( x86) \ Windows Kits \ 10 \ include \ 10.0.18362.0 \ um "-I" C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Windows Kits \ 10 \ include \ 10.0.18362.0 \ winrt ".. \ VTK \ mainwindow.h - o debug \ moc_mainwindow.cpp
                                    cl -c -nologo -Zc: wchar_t -FS -Zc: rvalueCast -Zc: inline -Zc: strictStrings -Zc: throwingNew -Zc: referenceBinding -Zi -MDd -W3 -w34100 -w34189 -w44996 -w44456 -w44457 -w44458 - wd4577 -wd4467 -EHsc /Fddebug\VTK.vc.pdb -DUNICODE -D_UNICODE -DWIN32 -D_ENABLE_EXTENDED_ALIGNED_STORAGE -DWIN64 -DQT_DEPRECATED_WARNINGS -DQT_QML_BW_BID_IBWDIBIDIBDIBDIBDIBIDIBDIBDIBWIB -IC: \ apps \ MSVC_apps_debug \ VTK_820 \ include \ vtk-8.2 -IC: \ Qt \ 5.12.6 \ msvc2017_64 \ include -IC: \ Qt \ 5.12.6 \ msvc2017_64 \ include \ QtWidgets -IC: \ Qt \ 5.12 .6 \ msvc2017_64 \ include \ QtGui -IC: \ Qt \ 5.12.6 \ msvc2017_64 \ include \ QtANGLE -IC: \ Qt \ 5.12.6 \ msvc2017_64 \ include \ QtCore -Idebug -I. -I / include -IC: \ Qt \ 5.12.6 \ msvc2017_64 \ mkspecs \ win32-msvc -Fodebug \ @C: \ Users \ tasik \ AppData \ Local \ Temp \ moc_mainwindow.obj.3864.1672.jom
                                    moc_mainwindow.cpp
                                    link / NOLOGO / DYNAMICBASE / NXCOMPAT / DEBUG / SUBSYSTEM: WINDOWS "/ MANIFESTDEPENDENCY: type = 'win32' name = 'Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls' version =' 6.0.0.0 'publicKeyToken =' 6595b64144ccf1df 'language =' * '' processorArchitecture = '*' "/ MANIFEST: embed /OUT:debug\VTK.exe @C: \ Users \ tasik \ AppData \ Local \ Temp \ VTK.exe.3864.6172.jom
                                    03:48:52: The process "C: \ Qt \ Tools \ qtcreator-4.11.0 \ bin \ jom.exe" completed successfully.
                                    03:48:52: Elapsed time: 00:07.
                                    

                                    Everything is well but suddenly I get a window with text "CDB process ended"

                                    If I run in release mode then QMAKE tells me the same jom 1.1.3 - empower your cores and when running the project compiler tells me something similar as in debug mode but application output:

                                    03:54:39: C: \ Users \ tasik \ Documents \ Qt_Projects \ build-VTK-Desktop_Qt_5_12_6_MSVC2017_64_bit-Release \ release \ VTK.exe starts ...
                                    03:54:39: The program ended unexpectedly.
                                    03:54:39: The process was completed forcibly.
                                    03:54:39: C: \ Users \ tasik \ Documents \ Qt_Projects \ build-VTK-Desktop_Qt_5_12_6_MSVC2017_64_bit-Release \ release \ VTK.exe failed.
                                    

                                    Seems to me that something stops my application... I already turned off Fault Tolerant Heap but that didn't help.
                                    Here is my kit:kit.png

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    0
                                    • Please_Help_me_DP Offline
                                      Please_Help_me_DP Offline
                                      Please_Help_me_D
                                      wrote on last edited by
                                      #30

                                      And happy New Year!
                                      Sorry but I can't leave my project even at such holiday :D

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      0
                                      • SGaistS Offline
                                        SGaistS Offline
                                        SGaist
                                        Lifetime Qt Champion
                                        wrote on last edited by
                                        #31

                                        Happy new year !

                                        Did you change any dependency ?
                                        VTK version ?
                                        Application name ?

                                        Interested in AI ? www.idiap.ch
                                        Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

                                        Please_Help_me_DP 1 Reply Last reply
                                        1
                                        • SGaistS SGaist

                                          Happy new year !

                                          Did you change any dependency ?
                                          VTK version ?
                                          Application name ?

                                          Please_Help_me_DP Offline
                                          Please_Help_me_DP Offline
                                          Please_Help_me_D
                                          wrote on last edited by
                                          #32

                                          @SGaist I recompiled same version of VTK and it's here:
                                          C:\apps\MSVC_apps_debug\VTK_820
                                          Then I copied project from E:\Users\Tasik\Documents\Qt_prj\VTK to C:\Users\tasik\Documents\Qt_Projects\VTK. So application name is the same.
                                          And dependency it is difficult to say but I use the same Qt and MSVC.
                                          Don't you know what jom 1.1.3 - empower your cores means?
                                          Here is my Qt configuration:
                                          qt2.png qt1.png

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          0

                                          • Login

                                          • Login or register to search.
                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Categories
                                          • Recent
                                          • Tags
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Groups
                                          • Search
                                          • Get Qt
                                          • Unsolved