Unable to pick object
-
Using Squish spy, I am able to select the window I want to spy for the element (element is highlighted with red) and the Control Bar on Squish shows 'Picking Object' but hangs there, the object is not actually picked, and the properties are not displayed. I am connecting to my application via Tight VNC Viewer.
-
@VerEng could you provide more information?
Is the AUT on a remote computer?
And Squish is attached to the remote AUT?
And you use TightVNC Viewer to remote control the computer and to perform the mouse click while picking, which should pick the desired object?
Can you test this on the actual AUT computer instead?
Which Squish edition are you using, Squish for Qt, Squish for Windows, or one of the others?
-
Thank you for your reply. Yes, AUT is on a remote computer. At this time, I won't be able to install squish ide to test it on actual AUT computer. Only squish server is being run on the remote computer with AUT. Squish automation script runs on my laptop and connects to the AUT and performs the mouse clicks. Using Squish 9.2.2 for windows. "Which Squish edition are you using, Squish for Qt, Squish for Windows, or one of the others?" - yes.
-
Thank you for your reply. Yes, AUT is on a remote computer. At this time, I won't be able to install squish ide to test it on actual AUT computer. Only squish server is being run on the remote computer with AUT. Squish automation script runs on my laptop and connects to the AUT and performs the mouse clicks. Using Squish 9.2.2 for windows. "Which Squish edition are you using, Squish for Qt, Squish for Windows, or one of the others?" - yes.