Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
  • Search
  • Get Qt
  • Unsolved
Collapse
Brand Logo
  1. Home
  2. General talk
  3. The Lounge
  4. "Cannot download archive" error while installation
Qt 6.12 LTS is out! See what's new in the release blog

"Cannot download archive" error while installation

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Unsolved The Lounge
13 Posts 10 Posters 14.1k Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • A Anees.Zuberi

    Thanks you for your kind response. I have already tried with 1 more mirror and the error was same just with mirror name difference (which is obvious) .
    So, should I try with all of the mirrors or this could be due to some other reason.

    Thanks again

    JKSHJ Offline
    JKSHJ Offline
    JKSH
    Moderators
    wrote on last edited by JKSH
    #4

    @Anees-Zuberi said in "Cannot download archive" error while installation:

    Thanks you for your kind response. I have already tried with 1 more mirror and the error was same just with mirror name difference (which is obvious) .
    So, should I try with all of the mirrors or this could be due to some other reason.

    Thanks again

    I'm not sure what's the reason, but I definitely cannot connect to your first mirror: https://qt-mirror.dannhauer.de/ is not responding to me.

    Find one that works from here: https://download.qt.io/online/qtsdkrepository/windows_x86/desktop/qt5_5152_src_doc_examples/qt.qt5.5152.doc/5.15.2-0-202011130724qtquickcontrols-documentation.7z.mirrorlist -- then use that mirror

    Qt Doc Search for browsers: forum.qt.io/topic/35616/web-browser-extension-for-improved-doc-searches

    L 1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • JKSHJ JKSH

      @Anees-Zuberi said in "Cannot download archive" error while installation:

      Thanks you for your kind response. I have already tried with 1 more mirror and the error was same just with mirror name difference (which is obvious) .
      So, should I try with all of the mirrors or this could be due to some other reason.

      Thanks again

      I'm not sure what's the reason, but I definitely cannot connect to your first mirror: https://qt-mirror.dannhauer.de/ is not responding to me.

      Find one that works from here: https://download.qt.io/online/qtsdkrepository/windows_x86/desktop/qt5_5152_src_doc_examples/qt.qt5.5152.doc/5.15.2-0-202011130724qtquickcontrols-documentation.7z.mirrorlist -- then use that mirror

      L Offline
      L Offline
      linhnobi
      wrote on last edited by
      #5

      @JKSH I just download this mirror from this link
      d3e1c079-8e48-4a1d-8407-c7f841359b1f-image.png
      But I don't know how to use this for install next

      JKSHJ 1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • L linhnobi

        @JKSH I just download this mirror from this link
        d3e1c079-8e48-4a1d-8407-c7f841359b1f-image.png
        But I don't know how to use this for install next

        JKSHJ Offline
        JKSHJ Offline
        JKSH
        Moderators
        wrote on last edited by
        #6

        @linhnobi said in "Cannot download archive" error while installation:

        I don't know how to use this for install next

        The instructions are at https://wiki.qt.io/Online_Installer_4.x#Selecting_a_mirror_for_opensource

        Run the installer from the console/Command Prompt and pass the mirror URL as an argument

        Qt Doc Search for browsers: forum.qt.io/topic/35616/web-browser-extension-for-improved-doc-searches

        1 Reply Last reply
        1
        • V Offline
          V Offline
          Viplav Sharma
          wrote on last edited by
          #7

          I am also not able to download the Qt creator. It is showing the same error for me also.
          Can someone guide me about how to fix this error and finish the installation?

          jsulmJ 1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • V Viplav Sharma

            I am also not able to download the Qt creator. It is showing the same error for me also.
            Can someone guide me about how to fix this error and finish the installation?

            jsulmJ Offline
            jsulmJ Offline
            jsulm
            Lifetime Qt Champion
            wrote on last edited by
            #8

            @Viplav-Sharma said in "Cannot download archive" error while installation:

            Can someone guide me about how to fix this error and finish the installation?

            Did you read what @JKSH wrote?

            https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • A Anees.Zuberi

              Hi, I am trying to install QT. But facing this error "Cannot download archive http://download.qt.io/online/qtsdkrepository/windows_x86/desktop/qt5_5152_src_doc_examples/qt.qt5.5152.doc/5.15.2-0-202011130724qtquickcontrols-documentation.7z: Error transferring https://qt-mirror.dannhauer.de/online/qtsdkrepository/windoes_x86/desktop/qt5_5152_src_doc_examples/qt.qt5.5152.doc/5.5152-0-202011130724qtquickcontrols-documentation.7z - server replied: Forbidden"

              Please guide me how I can resolve this error?

              Thanks

              W Offline
              W Offline
              warhawk627
              wrote on last edited by
              #9

              @Anees-Zuberi
              After Downloading the qt-unified-linux-x64-4.6.1-online.run from link
              Run it from terminal with a different mirror with this command

              ./qt-unified-linux-x64-4.6.1-online.run --mirror http://www.nic.funet.fi/pub/mirrors/download.qt-project.org
              
              W 1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • P Offline
                P Offline
                priyankarr
                wrote on last edited by
                #10

                Facing same issue
                May I know which mirror is working

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • W warhawk627

                  @Anees-Zuberi
                  After Downloading the qt-unified-linux-x64-4.6.1-online.run from link
                  Run it from terminal with a different mirror with this command

                  ./qt-unified-linux-x64-4.6.1-online.run --mirror http://www.nic.funet.fi/pub/mirrors/download.qt-project.org
                  
                  W Offline
                  W Offline
                  WhiteHawk_TheWatcher
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #11

                  @warhawk627 , Thank you! Your suggestion is working perfectly for me!

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • I Offline
                    I Offline
                    inam
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #12

                    The “Cannot download archive” error happens when a mirror is down or blocked. Use a working mirror by running the Qt online installer from the command line with the --mirror <URL> option. A reliable mirror example is http://www.nic.funet.fi/pub/mirrors/download.qt-project.org. Check the mirror list here: https://download.qt.io/online/qtsdkrepository/windows_x86/desktop/qt5_5152_src_doc_examples/qt.qt5.5152.doc/5.15.2-0-202011130724qtquickcontrols-documentation.7z.mirrorlist

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • B Offline
                      B Offline
                      Beltsforge
                      Banned
                      wrote last edited by
                      #13
                      This post is deleted!
                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0

                      • Login

                      • Login or register to search.
                      • First post
                        Last post
                      0
                      • Categories
                      • Recent
                      • Tags
                      • Popular
                      • Users
                      • Groups
                      • Search
                      • Get Qt
                      • Unsolved